Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

water did not drain out

water did not drain out
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Open the door and look for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Did the dishwasher stop at the drain cycle? Could you hear a buzzing sound?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GSD4020Z00BB My wife thought something sounded funny

Thank you Gene give me a few minutes to get a diagram a picture and type.

Gene if you will remove the lower panel then put the dishwasher in the drain cycle you will see the part below. That part should move when it goes into the drain cycle to allow the water into the pump to be pumped out. Most always what happens with these units is this part will wear, it will not move and no water will be pumped out. That is how to verify, start it and watch. All the pieces in the picture are assembled together and if you have a flashlight its not hard to find it. If it happens you find something different than what I have described please use the reply to link and let me know. I have also linked the part below for you.

If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating please. If you need to ask questions please do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We were able to 'manually' discharge the water by pushing the start/reset button twice quickly. Does that mean the solenoid could still be bad?

Well the solenoid could engage or not engage when it first starts wearing out. Usually if anything else is breaking the dishwasher will not run, it stops operating altogether. The key is to catch it at the pump out part of the cycle or fill it and drain it a few times. If it keeps operating but the water does not drain out that is the part to check.