Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Westinghouse Washing machine LT809S. It does not spin

I have a Westinghouse Washing machine LT809S. It does not spin and does not agitate during wash. Visual inspection through the back panel does not show anything obvious. opened the controls area and did not find any burnt plastics smells. During wash can hear the controls humming, but no agitation. Pump is working fine. No error codes are showing.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The lid switch is likely faulty. Can you hear it click when you open and close the lid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The lid does not seem to be the issue. when ever you open it, the machine beeps and the code Ld is shown, and the machine goes into a paus state.
Can you hear the motor humming at all during the times it should be running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, only an electrical hum in the control panel. Nothing coming from the tub or in the motor area.
I suspect the main control PCB has issues, like a relay. That would explain the hum, too.