Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

GE Profile Artica Model PSC23SGRD. I retd from 8 day vacation

GE Profile Artica Model PSC23SGRD. I ret'd from 8 day vacation tonight to discover my fridge not cold, freezer not frozen. I looked at the control panel settings on the inside, top, right, visible when I open the fridge side, and nothing lit. "hrs" flashing. I unplugged, plugged back in. Nothing changed. Also noticed control panel on exterior freezer door does not work.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Thats definitely the main control board, HRS means it has failed. You will need to replace it or get it replaced. One place with a year warranty that has it online is just below.

To replace that unplug the refrigerator and remove the 8 x 10 panel on the back. Remove the connectors and replace the board. Put the connectors back they will only fit where they belong. Follow the instruction sheet that comes with the part to step 2 only, all of the other steps are for other models. Plug the refrigerator in and turn it on. If it does not turn on right away, wait 40 minutes, it will be in the defrost cycle and will start.

That will take care of the problem. If you have questions about my answer please click the "Reply To Link". If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have ordered the Control Board. Should arrive tomorrow. thank you for your help!!!

You are very welcome Paul, thank you for the opportunity to help. Have this page bookmarked/favorites in case you need to return with a followup question.