Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have a7kg front loading washer Serial No 410551007184.

We have a7kg front loading washer Serial No 410551007184. Showing error F 14 in time delay and temperature slots. Can you give us a reason for this. The washer will work only on cotton setting if we turn the power off then turn it on again.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Depending on the brand, the F14 is likely a communication error between the electronics. Thats why it works after being power cycled. Remove the top and reset each connector on the control and see if the error keeps displaying. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly, thanks for the reply. I have carried out reset as instructed but however the error keeps displaying. When the control switch is rotated to the required washing cycle the error message still comes up. When we turn the power off for a couple seconds then turn the power on the machine works. Could the problem be something with the cycle selection switch?

I believe the error lies with the control PCB and it will need to be replaced.