Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

ge washer whdsr316g1ww has little spin agitate already tried

ge washer whdsr316g1ww has little spin agitate already tried the reset, did not work. motor 9 blinks on before and after the reset. , So what needs to be fixed?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! That error indicates that the braking resistor in the motor has failed. The motor assembly will need to be replaced, and is pictured and available below. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we had an unbalanced load and then it started to act this way. Theres no other fix? Is that the cause "over worked" or is it a standar failure with this type,model etc?

I believe the unbalanced load was the "straw that broke the camel's back," so to speak, but not the entire reason for failure. It was probably having issues that have gone unnoticed and this is how it has presented. This is not an uncommon failure. Replacing the motor will correct the problem, though.