Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator and the globe has blown in

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator and the globe has blown in it. How do I go about replacing it. I also cannot find the Model No.
Can you please help.

Thank You XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you get access to replace the bulb? Are you having trouble getting it to come out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know where to look to replace the globe

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
They are usually behind the plastic housing near the top of the refrigerator. Is there a model sticker on the top of the refrigerator ceiling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No there isn't. I cannot find a model number anywhere on the fridge.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the top of the refrigerator section look to have the same parts as in this picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! If you look in the LH corner of the top panel, there is a cut out in the plastic to allow you to insert a finger, pull slightly down and forward to remove that panel. Can you remove that top panel? Please let me know once it is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have managed to change the globe. Thank You very much

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have just one more question: How do I change the globe in the freezer section?

Thank You

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That one is behind the number 31 plastic cover.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome!