Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Maytag Neptune model mah8700aww We have an error code nd. I

Customer Question

Maytag Neptune model mah8700aww

We have an error code nd.
I have removed the pump and applied 110 volts, it works fine.
I have removed the inlet and the outlet hoses and have tested to see they are Clear.

What do I do next? Still have the nd code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! Remove the top panel and locate the pressure switch, pictured below. Remove the small hose from it and blow through that hose. Does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I cannot do this for an hour or more but will do it and respond. Elaina's dad
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, reply when you can!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for waiting I can blow through the hose but not easily. There seems to be a fair amount of back pressure.

Tomorrow is fine this not an emergency.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That would be why it is coding out. Try to blow as much as you can and then see if a cycle will start. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK but it will be tomorrow evening before I can get to it. Should I use my compressor to try and clear the airway? Elaina's dad. (My name is XXXXX XXXXX the way).

Thank you for helping so far. Is it OK if it takes a few days of back an forth?
Glenn
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sure, that would work, Glenn. I would start at about 50 psi and see if that will clear it. Take all the time you need! I am here every day, so I will see your replies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did blow the small hose out and then set the machine to spin only - it did!

Then I filled it with water and put a couple of towels in it to wash. The cycle said it was 1 hr and 8 minutes. It stopped and the nd error code came on at 47 minutes. I have tried to get it to do anything since to no avail.

Suggestions.

By the way, what does the small hose do. It now seems clear.

Glenn
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That hose allows air to get up to the pressure switch as the water level rises. It also lets the air escape when the water level drops, telling the control that the water level is low and the machine can spin. Did the water drain out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that cleared up a question for me. The machine would not do anything and I pulled the small hose off thinking I might be able to blow through it and it started to fill.. I put the hose back on and now it will not spin. When I blow through the small hose with the air compressor it bubbles in the wash water. Is that what I should expect?

Glenn
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but I still think it is plugged. You should be able to blow through it easily with little force.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I pull the other end off and check for plugging? If so how do I get to it?

Glenn
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You can, but will need to remove the rear panel from the machine to access it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the rear panel off as well as the top panel but the lower end of the hose is not really visible - maybe I need to turn the machine onto its side so I can see in from the bottom? And I guess the real question is can I get to it from another direction?

Glenn
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That hose connects to the bottom of the tub, shown as number 11 in the picture below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does appear the front panel needs to be removed - how do I do that?

Glenn
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The complete service manual is available below! Download it right away. Once that tube is cleaned out, you should be good to go. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

CLICK HERE

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi when I click on the link for the service manual it tells me I have to log in to get it. I am logged into just answer?
Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm, let me send it again.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?lumq19ualpw2uq9