Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Model number MERS755RAW. The oven is not heating

I have a Maytag Model number MERS755RAW. The oven is not heating to temp, it is about 8 years old so my first step was to change out the element. After changing out the element I had the same problem. Not sure where to go from here.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, how are you determining the temp in the oven ? are you using a thermometer ? how far off is the temp ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am going off of the oven display. The temp varries sometimes it will heat to temp but most of the time it doesn't. If I set it to 400 it might show 220 or so.

okay this is one of two issues. 1 and the most likely is the oven temp sensor. Oven Sensor 12001656        Main Product View heres a link to a video to show you how to test that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Sensor/12001656/1364 if that is good you need to replace the oven control. (clock) these are the only 2 things that would cause that issue since you replaced the element already. hope this helps. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ohmed out the temp sensor and it was 1109 ohms. the video said it should be between 100 - 1100 ohms. what should my next step

unfortunately this is bad news, It means its the oven control board. (clock) is the face white on yours ?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Sears has this in stock for $126.20 but they wont have it at the store you will need to order it on line.heres a link to the clock.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Range-Parts/740 09211/0022/464/Model-MERS755RAW/3048/0124111?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0603361&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0124111&searchModelNumber=MERS755RAW&subCompDesc=Control%20panel/top%20assembly&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=MAYTAG COOKING&blt=11&shdMod=MERS755RAW , thanks and Happy Easter, Bryan