Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

water stopped working on my water dispenser but water in ice

water stopped working on my water dispenser but water in ice maker continues to work. If I press the water dispenser I could hear the pump ran the Dispenser control diagnostics and all shows normal. Any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

This sounds like a frozen water line in your door. let me pull up some diagrams and I'll be right back, thanks , Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
pull the bottom plastic grill along the front where the filter is off. there should be a connector there for the water line. take the line apart and put the feed side into a bucket. press for water. does any come out ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is no connector in the front all the pipes run behind the filter assembly

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay try this, pull the refrigerator away from the wall and in the back bottom there is a valve (electronic) the line from the house connects to it. follow the line that runs to the filter (plastic) and there should be a connector somewhere in that line where you can disconnect it and do the test. also have someone push for water and listen to the valve, is it buzzing when it pushed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The water goes from the back towards the filter ans seems to come back to the rear to the valve where its splits one seems to go to ice maker and other towards the front. I have never seen the type of connectors on the valve can you just pull out the pipe ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
is it a quick connect ? Tubing Coupler(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewif so push the collar in towards the connector and pull the line out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I disconnected from the valve and one I depress the dispenser it flows out of the valve

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay good, the valve is good.its either a frozen line in refrigerator section or the filter may be clogged. have you changed your filter lately ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I changed the filter this morning as I thought it may be blocked, assuming its frozen, how can I thaw it

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
look inside the refrigerator section behind the crisper drawer. is the a chiller tank ? either a plastic tank or a coiled up 1/4 inch line ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 pipes covered with foam

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thats probably where its frozen. take a hair dryer and warm up the lines periodically checking to see if it starts to flow by pressing the water button. let me know if that works. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now works... Thanks for your help

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
fantastic ! good job ! thanks and have a great Easter ! Please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.