Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hey there I have a Frigidaire/Electrolux range, model CPLEF398CCB Everything

Hey there

I have a Frigidaire/Electrolux range, model CPLEF398CCB

Everything up top is fine, controls, clock, burners, etc as far as I can tell. However, the oven is acting up. I set the oven temp to 350, for example, but the oven doesn't heat at all. Then if I set the temp to 325 or 400, the oven does heat although unclear if it reaches proper temp. First indication has when we set it to 250 one day and it got VERY hot...well beyond 250 for sure. Temp sensor? Thermostat? Both?

Thanks!,,

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, this could be one of two things, the oven sensor is the most likely though.Oven SensorNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product View you can test this with a multimeter if you have one, remove the sensor and follow this video, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Sensor/316490000/1197392#repairHelpVideoTabs it shows you how to test it, the other possibility is the relay board. you may have a bad relay of the board. that is a lot more difficult to test however and you may need a tech for that. try testing the sensor first. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. Tested it. With the meter set to RX10, the meter read between 500 and 1000. Unclear if that's good or bad. Video said should hit a bit over 1000
okay yes it sounds like that is the issue. it should be over 1000 steady.its most likely bad, that would account for the fluctuation in the temps. I would try replacing that first.thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, Bryan. I will try that!
your welcome, let me know if that works, thanks, Bryan