Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I need a gas flame sensor for oven #5303208105 , the switch

I need a gas flame sensor for oven #5303208105 , the switch part works but the themo tubing has a crack

Jon :

what switch are you looking for?

Jon :

the model number you list looks more like a serial number. if this an oven range that has a lower drawer then the model number will be listed on the fram behind the door. or even list on the fame of the oven cavity after opening the door. please take a look and post the model number. Which usually starts with a few letters.

Customer:

the flame sensor switch

Jon :

do you have the full model number of the oven?

Jon :

i will need that to look up the parts you need.

Jon :

are you referring to the thermostat? the thermostat has the swith on the front control that you turn and set the temp on. then the capillary tube will go from the switch end of the thermostat into the oven and rest on a set of clips. it senses the temp of the oven. is that what you are talking about?

Customer:

yes its an old tappan mod#36-7246-00/02, the range is freestanding and was a O'KeeFE and Merritt

Jon :

ok. how old then? it must be more then twenty years old?

Jon :

let me look it up now. and are we clear that you need the thermostat?

Jon :

i am sorry but that is not a good model number for your range. where are you getting this model number from?

Jon :

i have found the part

Jon :

take a look here, is this what your flame sensor looks like in your machine?

Jon :

CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE TO VIEW THE PICTURE AND PART INFO.

Customer:

I might need that, but that's not what the part # XXXXX gave you is. This sensor has like a thermocoupler that is on the pilot and goes to this button sensor then connects to two wires. that is the model number the unit is about 1975 year

Customer:

YES

Jon :

now since this machine is very old it will certianly be harder to find the part. but that doesnt mean that it is impossible. i have a few resources that I can check for you to see if they still have some left in stock. I have many warehouses that specialize in these older discontinued parts. And I will check with them this monday and see if they have any left in stock and get back to you here.

Jon :

have you checked amazon and ebay?

Jon :

sometimes they will have parts like this.

Customer:

no, not yet. the switch part tests good but the copper tubing where the flame is has a crack.

Jon :

here is a lin to one of the websites that stocks parts like this. click on the link below. it looks like they have the part in stock.

Jon :

if the switch part is good but capilarry tube part is bad, then unfortunately the whole part needs to be replaced. That is the only way that this part comes. all as one piece.

Jon :

just either call or go to the website and order the part. their info will be listed in the link above.

Jon :

please get back to me here if you have any other questions and I will help you more.

Jon :

and if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions and get the info you needed to order your parts please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks

Customer:

Thank you for you very pro.... help.!!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have a wonderful EASTER WEEKEND.

Paul,

Thank you again for the positive rating and very generous bonus as well. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you need any other help or have any other questions please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

And have a very happy and safe Easter as well.

Thanks again.