Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore He2 plus washer; model #110 47512600. I have

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore He2 plus washer; model #110 47512600. I have power to the washer (lights come on), but the cycle did not start. Thinking it might be overloaded, I hit the 'stop' button twice to cancel. However, the door light stayed on and the "Add a garment light came on". Door was locked. Cutting power didn't help so I removed the cover plate, reached up and used the manual door release to open the door and remove the clothes. Lock door light remained on, but the door did open. It's been working fine up until now. Only change was I did a slight re-leveling adjustment when I saw it vibrating a few days ago. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately it sounds like your door latch assembly has just failed and will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue because it can't detect whether or not the door is open or closed which is why the door lock light remains on even after you manually released the door lock. It's also the reason that the washer would not start a wash cycle. I doubt this has anything to do with you re-leveling the washer, it's just somewhat of a coincidence.

You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I received the new latch yesterday and installed it. However, when I push the start button, I just get a beeping noise - it won't start. Any ideas?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So you can change all the different cycles and settings but you just can't start the washer and when you do press start you get a beeping noise? Is it just one beep or??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Repeated beeps

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
And...can change all the different cycles and settings but you just can't start the washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

correct - and it's 3 quick beeps

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, that still sounds like a bad door latch. Are the lights flashing on the screen after you press the start? If so, how many times do the lights flash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No lights flashing. Is it possible to have installed the latch incorrectly? Seemed pretty simple. Plugged in 3 wire connection points and used the same 2 screws to hold in place.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
hmm, I'm not sure how you could install the latch incorrectly either, but this still sounds like the washer doesn't think the door is shut properly because the lights aren't flashing to show an error or anything. So unfortunately that means that the latch could have come defective, or the control board is just not reading the door latch properly and the control board would need to be ordered and replaced. If you did order a new control board, I would recommend ordering it from Repairclinic.com because they are one of the very few that allow you to return the control board if you end up not needing it unlike most placed. Below is a link to the part. If you remove the top panel, it's mounted in the front right corner against the right side panel above the tub.

CLICK HERE for control board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I'll try taking the latch out again and making sure the connections are all solid before going to the expense of a new control board. I've already replaced the pump on this washer and if the latch fails and the control board, I just may need to consider a new washer altogether. Very frustrating.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I can understand your frustration, Hopefully the connections are just not secure or something like that, but this error definitely means that the washer doesn't think the door is shut which is why it's not starting.