Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Frigidaire dishwasher fills then starts to wash then in

Customer Question

My Frigidaire dishwasher fills then starts to wash then in a couple seconds it stops circulating. I changed the circulation pump and still does the same thing. i cleaned it and still the same.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "stops circulating"? Does it go 100% completely silent like nothing is running after a few seconds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK It fills and when the circulation pump startes it sprays water through the lower sprayer I can see it when the door is open and i hold the latch. then it stops spraying and the circulation pump continues to run. I bought a new pump and the same thing happened.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so the first thing to check is the water level. If you open the door after the dishwasher is done filling, how high is the water on the floor? Does the water touch all the metal support posts that mount the heating element in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes not possitive because im not in front of it but it was fillling up pretty close to the heating coil

I'll check real quick

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK, just let me know as soon as you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If that fill valve doesn't fill it high enough can that cause it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. If there isn't enough water in the tub, then that will definitely cause a problem because it will cavitate pushing air and water through at the same time which really reduces the pressure. But that being said, the water level should be just high enough to touch the heater mounting posts. If it doesn't touch and you're sure you have good water pressure from your house, you'd want to replace the electronic water valve. Below is a link to the valve if you need it.

CLICK HERE fo valve

If you do have enough water, your circulation pump would just need to be replaced. This would be my guess as to what is happening just because this is normally what I find when I run across this issue most of the time. Below is a link to the circulation pump you'd need to replace.

CLICK HERE for part

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have water up to the bottom of the post but not to the heater. I just put a new circulastion pump on it and it does the same thing.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I can say is the either your new circulation pump was defective or possibly not installed properly? There is that white little ball that needs to sit below the filters to work properly.

The water level is only supposed to come to the bottom of the posts, so that sounds like it's fine. If you think it might be borderline you can add a quart of water or so just to make sure it has enough water.