Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
It's about 3 years old. It does act like everything is working fine.
OK perfect, thank you for that added information. If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $60 but it's not easy in the least to replace it as the entire microwave needs to come down and the outer shell removed just to gain access to replacing the magnetron. If you decide to do this repair yourself, I would encourage you to wear thick rubber gloves because the high voltage system can store up to 3000 volts even when the microwave is unplugged. Below is a link to the magnetron you'd need for your model.
CLICK HEREPlease Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Where can you find this magnetron? Will I be able to recognize it in the machine when I get the outer shell taken off?
So, it looks like it is 'plug n play' with maybe a few screws, correct? Would you reccommend total replacement or this part? I'm somwhat handy?
Lastly, the $30 deposit, did I sign up for a reoccuring monthly charge with your service? Because, I am not interested in that.