Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Model #KUDT03STSS0 Kitchenaid Dishwasher is just flashing random

Model #KUDT03STSS0 Kitchenaid Dishwasher is just flashing random light - mostly alternating quick clean-up and normal wash - unable to start wash cycle
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Are the lights flashing fast or slow and is there any pattern at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

pretty fast -- id say 4-7 per second

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information, if necessary.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No luck w/ the massaging ... doesn;'t the replacement part come w/ the plastic housing anyway? oh yea ... any chance i could follow the ribbon to the jack and disconnect the faulty button (find it by ohming it /testing voltage) i'm guessing it may by the "Rinse Only" button

You could but you cannot "disconnect" any of the buttons. The traces all have to jive with what the computer is looking for. The correct panel for that model is available below. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Panel <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hey .... guess what the thing starting working after the control panel cooled down! Your the man! ... PS .... Aren't those just simple "Bubble" switches that would normally be in the "Open" circuit position? And wouldn't wouldn't cutting the tracer have the same effect as an "open" connection ?

Yes, and the control would pick it up because the traces are shared, not each button has an individual set of traces. That is awesome that it started working, great job!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

troubles .... i can't seem to select any options now.. .. it's running but the heat Dry/Lock button is always on (when the washer is on) This is the one that i'm supposed to hold for 4 seconds to lock/unlock the options (i cant' get it to go out)... you think this is the panel again or an issue with the control board?

It is definitely the panel. It will likely need to be replaced.