Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Mod 6200SW1 start button does not

My Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Mod 6200SW1 start button does not press. It blinks, but does not work.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

You are missing some of the model number. can you recheck that on the machine itself please ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here's the full model # XXXXX

okay perfect. Are there any error codes comming up ? I need you to try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. see if the board resets before we go further .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've unplugged it and will time for 5 min. There are no error codes. The start button doesn't "click" anymore even though the green light blinks.

okay, this means the user interface is bad, User Control and Display Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View you can try spraying the start switch (remove the board and spray it) if that doesn't work you will need to order and replace the board. heres a link to the part.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Spray with what? How do I get to the board?

oh sorry. Go to radio shack and pick up some electronic contact cleaner for cleaning the switch. as fas as getting to the interface watch this video on how to change the door switch it also shows you how to open the control. just click that blue link.