Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have 2008, 25 cf bottom freezer, model: GX5FHTXVBOO; S/N: KW1905639. Just

Have 2008, 25 cf bottom freezer, model: GX5FHTXVBOO; S/N: KW1905639.

Just returned from 1 week out-of-town trip and found bottom freezer frosting up and refrigerator compartment not cooling. The motor is running contineously. Doors were tightly closed as well as the freezer compartment drawer. Vents are clear and appliance is not over loaded with food or frozen items.

What's my problem? Thanks.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain where you saw all the frost build up inside the freezer? Was the frost build up just against the back wall?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the frost build up is just on the back wall of freezer.

OK so this is a defrost problem, not the door being left open. The refrigerator isn't defrosting on it's own so it something on the defrost system has failed. There has been an update kit for this defrost system which comes with a new display defrost control board as well as a defrost thermostat, a new fan blade, and some insulation. You'll need to order this kit to fix the issue and the kit number is XXXXX Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue and it comes with instructions on how to install it.

CLICK HERE for kit

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.