Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My microwave keypad will not function. The light works but

My microwave keypad will not function. The light works but the keypad and clock do not. The clock says "RESET".
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by the "keypad and clock do not" work? Do you get no signs of life on the display at all as in it's 100% completely blank? And which lights work exactly?

Also, do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The inside light works, but the key pad says "reset"

OK perfect. And if you press any of the buttons on the touchpad, do they beep back at you or are they completely silent? And did you happen to have that model number?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Silent. Nothing works.

OK can I get the model number please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

JVM 240WV 001

OK perfect, thank you. So unfortunately it sounds like your touchpad itself has just failed. The display is working and it's stating "reset" which means it's waiting for you to reset the time of day, but since the touchpad isn't responding, you can't set the time. The problem is that there are no more touchpads made for this exact model anymore. The only touchpad I can find that will work for this model is the "almond" color touchpad. You can definitely replace this if you want, but that's completely up to you. I would probably replace the microwave rather than repair it since it's getting older and parts are no longer manufactured but again, that's up to you. Either way, below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.