Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

my front load washer is making a loud noise when on spin cycle,

my front load washer is making a loud noise when on spin cycle, i have had the front off of it to look at the shocks when it is in the cycle. it doesnt seem to be the shocks or springs????
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today :)

Is the noise like a aircraft taking off, very loud or a clicking noise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. it is a loud klanging noise that seems to be inside the drum???

do you have any diagrams to take this thing apart. do i need any special tools to do so??

Ok the problem here is going to be either the bearing has gone bad at the rear of the tub or the spider arm on the rear of the basket has broken.

You would need to take the top and rear panel off the machine, disconnect everything from the tub (shocks, door gasket, springs, detergent dispenser, pressure switch, pump).

Next pull the entire drum out through the rear, Remove the clips holding the two half's of the tub together. Pull the tub apart then examine the basket, if the spider arm at the rear is broken then the basket will need to be replaced.

If The basket is good then the bearing is bad, this is built into the rear half of the tub meaning the rear half will need to be replaced.

Below is a link where you can order the part, I recommend you order the part here since they offer a 365 day money back guarantee even after the part has been installed. Most other appliance parts suppliers offer a zero returns policy or 90 day.

Click here to order the part

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news :)

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service" or above so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks! and have a wonderful day.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i disconnect the drum from the seal??

There is a metal band around the door
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i let it go from the door??

..Open the door..Peel the seal back from the front of the door panel...You will notice a metal spring the circumference of the door opening.This is the door boot retaining spring #7.Remove the spring which will release the door boot from the panel.

graphic

Here is a video which will show you how to remove the boot..Watch closely at 1:08 of the video..

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
Thanks for your help BOB, was on a service call.