Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

i have a milnor commercial washer i am working on the problem

i have a milnor commercial washer i am working on the problem display on the lcd screen is door is not close although the door is close and the buzzer on the main board keep on buzzing.the model#30022t5x

Jon :

hello

Jon :

my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an appliance expert and I can help you today.

Jon :

can you explain your problem a little better for me please?

Jon :

are you saying that the display on the washer shows the door is open and is buzzing? but the door is shut and is closed?

Jon :

is that correct?

Customer:

yes that is correct the buzzer on the pc board keeps buzzing and the display still indicate that the door is open .

Jon :

ok. the buzzing on the control board is concerning and could be the problem. the main control board seems to be shorting out and the relay for the door lock is at fault. It could be stuck and not properly closing.

Jon :

which would give you the buzzing noise you hear in the board.

Jon :

have you checked the door lock to see that nothing is jammed inside of it?

Jon :

if the door closes properly and is locking then the door lock is most likely not at fault and it is definitely the board.

Jon :

was the cycle interrupted before it could be finished? or was the door opened to the washer before the cycle was stopped? that would cause the board to short out.

Customer:

no nothing is jam also the interleock switck check good the door solonide is good because it unlock the door i suspect some faulty relay on the main pc board are you a milnor service tech?

Jon :

yes. i suspect the same. and yes I am .

Jon :

the relay cannot be changed on the board. the whole board has to be changed. that is how they are made. unfortunately.

Customer:

ok thanks what do you think ?

Jon :

i think it is the board that is failing to see that the door is closed and locked. it happens often.

Jon :

i would replace the board.

Jon :

is this for a hotel or commercial building, complex?

Jon :

and how old is the washer?

Customer:

man this board cost $600.00

Jon :

yup. they are expensive. that comes with getting a quality machine like a mil nor.

Jon :

how old is the machine?

Customer:

yeah,but you think some bad relays is causing the problem?i shake the board and i hear some noise in some of the relays

Customer:

about 4years old

Jon :

that is correct. it happens often. there are many problems with these style boards. whether a relay is stuck or the board is just shorting out it will not be known for sure. they is just no way of checking these boards. but i can say if you can physically hear the humming from the board then it is bad. i have seen these boards go bad with no warning signs or evidence at all.

Jon :

ok. i was hoping the machine would still be under warranty, but it is not. again unfortunately.

Jon :

i would replace the board and this will solve the problems.

Jon :

do you have any other questions for me now?

Customer:

ok man thanks for your help do you know where i can get rebuild boards

Jon :

you are very welcome. and no, i dont know where you would get a rebuilt board. I ma factory authorized and only use factory authorized parts. you might want to try the internet site like ebay or amazon for used parts.

Customer:

thank you very much have a nice day

Jon :

you as well.

Jon :

and you are very welcome for the help.

Jon :

please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service or better rating.

Customer:

i will thanks

Jon :

and if you have more questions at a later time please feel free to get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks again.

Customer:

ok bye

Jon :

you will need to rate my performance now before logging out of this chat.

Customer:

how can i do this

Jon :

what you have paid already was just a deposit to get your question listed on the question page.

Roy,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you have more questions again please feel free to come back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again and have a nice day.