Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Dacor PGR30 oven that was in our house when we bought

We have a Dacor PGR30 oven that was in our house when we bought it 8 months ago. The stovetop works fine, but the oven itself is a big problem. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to preheat - incredibly slow. Also while it is preheating, it seems to emit low fumes, and of course, the kitchen gets very hot. We finally had to buy a big toaster oven to use instead.
Is this a fixable problem, or do we need a new over?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good morning, there are a couple of posibilty's for your issue, One is the oven igniter is weak and not lighting the oven or not keeping the flame on. Oven Igniter 82473 Main Product Viewthis is the most common reason. the other is you oven venturi needs adjusting. the flame is not big enough to heat the oven correctly. these problems are both covered under the first 1 year warranty. i would call and talk to Dacor and have someone come out before the warranty runs out.hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is a venturi and how can it be adjusted? Can I do this myself, or do I need a serviceperson to do it? Also, can I do the igniter myself as well?

its not recommended you adjust the venturi its part of the gas system. its on the main burner valve. as far as the igniter goes thats electrical and can be replaced by you .the problem is I don't have access to these diagrams for you oven so I cant show you how to get to it, the igniter however is under the floor inside the oven. its connected to the burner tube. thats the best I can do on that.(no diagrams available )