Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My ice maker stopped making ice

Customer Question

My ice maker stopped making ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

good evening, can you tell me what position the fingers are in on the ice maker ? 1 O'Clock,2 O'Clock, 3 and so on ? Ice Maker Assembly D7824706Q Main Product View

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im assuming you dont mean the metal arm that turns the ice maker on and off. I can not determine what part are the fingers

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
the ejector fingers in the ice maker itself.graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are no ejector fingers showing at all

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, they are down then if you cant see them. that means the ice maker failed in mid cycle. first remove the ice maker and make sure an ice cube didn't get jammed in it and stop the fingers. if theres nothing in it the ice maker will need to be replaced, heres a link where you can order it if needed. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/D7824706Q/915772?modelNumber=MFD2562VEM4
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cant get the drawers out to access the ice maker properly. Any ideas?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
give me a few minutes and I'll try and send you a video.thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay I don't have a video for that one but heres instructions.

Instructions

• 1

Unplug the bottom mount power cord from the wall outlet. Open the bottom freezer drawer and remove all food and container contents.

• 2

Extend the drawer fully. Tilt the rear of the lower drawer basket forward and lift the basket out of the drawer.

• 3

Push the latches on each side of the white drawer cradles inward toward the cradles with your fingers. Lift the cradles away from the rails.

• 4

Remove the screws on each drawer slide connecting the sliding rail to the drawer bracket with a Phillips screwdriver. Lift the top of the drawer front enough to unhook the drawer brackets from the slide. Pull the drawer front away from the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is ice stuck in the unit how do i

1- remove the ice maker from the freezer

2- remove the stuck ice

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
there are two screws holding the ice maker to the side wall.I marked where they are in this picture, theres a plug you unplug once its down to remove.graphicwhen you get the ice maker out if theres ice jamming it you can run warm water over it and melt it. dry the ice maker good and put back in. Please unplug the refrigerator while doing this. thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your help I melted the ice that was stuck in it and remounted the icemaker. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thank you for your help!

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome , thats awesome ! I think it will work fine as long as it didn't break the gear which rarely happens, have a great night, and good job ! thanks , Bryan