Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My washer wont drain. What is the problem and how much will

My washer won't drain. What is the problem and how much will it cost to repair including parts and a service call. It take me 20 minutes to drive to the Sears nearest me to give you an idea of my location and miles that would have to be traveled

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Does this stop when it gets to drain altogether ? no noises or drain ? just dies?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What? Don't understand your first question. It seems to run throught the entire cycle short of draining or spinning. It just stops. It will agitate when I move it to the next cycle but in each cycle it just stops after agitation is finished.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure if you got my response or it deleted....

your lid switch is the issue, its common on these, give me a minute and I'll get you a link to order it. theres a video there also. be right back.
this is the lid switch. Lid Switch Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewheres the link. this will fix your issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok....I'm not a guy....I don't own anything to test it with nor do I know where it's even located. Let's say it is the lid switch at fault. How much will a technician charge to come out and fix it?

well the lid switch is around lets say $30.00 and service should be around $79.00 , so maybe $110.00 total.the machine is worth that, they are good machines. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan