Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I am trying to turn off my Miele H4680B oven (had never used

I am trying to turn off my Miele H4680B oven (had never used before) and other than the ON OFF option on the front of the digital panel, I see no other OFF. Of course, I have selected OFF but the air is still blowing and oven is still warm. Please advise! THANK YOU!

Jon :

hello

Jon :

how long was the oven in use? and for what cycle was it on?

Jon :

if the oven was in a self clean cycle for hours or in a bake that had been set at a temp that was higher then 350 degrees, the ovens cooling fans will come on and not go off until the oven is at a cooler more safe temp.

Jon :

usually for these style ovens the cooling fan will turn on at a temp higher then 350 degrees and not turn off until the oven is below 225 degrees.

Jon :

sometimes the sensor which senses the temp can fail. and the cooling fans will stay on as longs as the sensor thinks the oven is hot. and sometimes the cooling fans will continue to run when the unit is not even hot and has not been in use for hours.

Jon :

if this happens usually the sensor has been damaged and needs to be replaced. but before doing that, I would recommend flipping the circuit breaker off to the unit for about 5 minutes and turning it back on and seeing that helps.

Jon :

if it doesnt then please get back to me here and I will help you more and even walk you through a few checks we can do. and if you have an ac volt meter that would help us to check the machine better.

Jon :

and i can even get you part info so you can order and replace the parts yourself if you would like to save some money?

Jon :

please get back to me here when you are ready to go over the diagnostic checking procedure for your machine.

Jon :

thanks.

Jon :

it turns out my wife is actually going into labor. what timing.

Jon :

get back to me here and i will help you when i become available. or if you like just relist the question and someone else will help you.

Jon :

thanks and sorry for the delay.

Customer:

Jon - thank you so much for rely! We did do the circuit breaker and our building will handle in the a.m. Hope wife is fine and that you both (mostly her) have an easy and healthy delivery! Cheers!

Hey Charlene,

Thank you for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.

Well it turns out that after going to the hospital, my wife's contractions were to irregular and inconsistent so they sent her home. And so far everything is stagnant so we'll see what happens day to day. But thank you for the kind words and praise.

Ok so if you have already tried the flipping off of the circuit breaker to the machine for five minutes or so and that hasn't worked then I am afraid it is either the sensor or the main control failing in your machine. If you would like please get back to me here and I will try to look up the parts for your machine and walk you through some more diagnostic steps.

Thanks again and please let me know how the machine works for you in the coming days.