Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

helloThe control knob for our de Dietrick oven - the one

Customer Question

hello
The control knob for our de Dietrick oven - the one that
selects the fan, grrill and oven has come off. It will not
adjust to any setting, but pulls out from the spindle
of the switch behind front panel. Do I just ordr a
new knob? The ones I see on the web have no selection
information as to what setting is being desired.

Rgs
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

that is correct, rgs

Jon :

you have a stripped knob

Jon :

but if the newer knob doesnt have the selection on it then i would call de detreich and see if they make a knob with the temp or numbers on it.

Jon :

what is the ful model number of your machine?>

Jon :

i can try to look it up for you and get you the info if i have access to look up that info here in the states.

Jon :

have you tried pulling the knob off and inspecting it to see if the knob is cracked or damaged? and if the knob is off get a pair of plyers and see if you can turn the stem of the switch with the pliers? if it turns fine then you definitely have a bad knob.

Jon :

if the switch stem still doesnt turn with the pliers and acts as if the stem of the switch is stuck, then you have a bad switch. and that will need to be replaced.

Jon :

please get back to me here with the full model number of the machine and I can try to get the part info for you and check the knob and switch to see if the one you are researching is the correct one for your machine?

Jon :

if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions after positively rating me please feel free to come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks

Jon :

here is a link below to the espares website. this is a company that you can get the part you need from. they will have all that you need for your machine.

Jon :

just enter in the model number and then selct the knob or switch you need. and it will come up. if you have any other questions get back to me here or call them directly and they can help you.

Jon :

here is the link

Jon :

click the image above to find the model you have then search for the parts.

Jon :

again, please get back to me here and I will help you more. and please remember to rate my performance positively below.

Jon :

thanks

Jon :

hello

Jon :

how are you?

Jon :

do you have the full model number of the machine? i'll check to locate the correct part for you.

Customer:

I don't know the model of the oven - none of the knobs listed are the same. I guess the multi function

Jon :

ok. what does the knob control? but if you cant get me the model number I will not know for sure what the knob is that you need for your model.

Customer:

None of the knobs listed are the same as the one in question. I guess the multi function know would be the nearerest

Jon :

do you have the ability to take a picture of your machine and the knob and upload it here so that I can compare it to the others on the website? otherwise, if you cant then i recommend you take a look at the website and compare it for yourself.

Jon :

what does the knob control on your machine?

Jon :

you stated above it controls the fan, grill and oven.

Jon :

that is rare that one knob will control such parts and oven functions that are not even closely related.

Jon :

what does the knob on your machine control?

Jon :

and to look for the model of your oven you may need to look near the door cavity and frame of the machine.

Jon :

do you have a wall oven that is built into the wall? or is this a range that is on the floor and in the counter?

Jon :

If you cant find the model again, I recommend going to www.espares.com and looking for yourself. or just go to the link i sent you above.

Customer:

The know can set the oven to circulating the air from the fan around the oven or just use of the grill. I guess

Jon :

ok. so it just controls the fans. and not the oven temp or anything like that?

Customer:

I will take it to Die Detrick and ask them directly. Though I could get it sorted over the net.

Customer:

Doesn't control the temp - that's a seperate knob

Jon :

i could tell you for sure if you had the model number. without it, i wouldnt know for certain which knob you need.

Customer:

Thanks anyway - at least we tried.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Bob,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Again, if you don't have the model number, definitely call de deitrich and see if you can explain your problem to them. They should know from explanations what model you have and should be able to determine what knob you need. Then be able to get you the correct knob as well.

If you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.