Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport dryer. It wont start. All

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport dryer. It won't start. All the buttons work except the start button. I ran two loads yesterday with no problem. On the the 3rd load, I couldn't get the dryer to start. (there had been about 2 hours between the 2nd and 3rd loads).

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good afternoon.this is a common problem on these. you thermal fuse has blown. Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View before replacing this clean your vent really good. usually when these go a clogged vent is the cause. (not always though) this is located on the blower assembly behind the panel under the door. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/3392519/2986?modelNumber=WED8300SW2

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I get the panel off?

there are two or three screws on the bottom of the panel. number 43 on this diagram.WHIRLPOOL Residential dryer Cabinet Parts the thermal fuse is number 38 on this one.