Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag clother washer Model# XXXXX Washer Will Start Cycle

Maytag clother washer Model# XXXXX Washer Will Start Cycle Then Quit. Washer will fill with water to beging cycle then stop w/in seconds shorty there after.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

So when you unplug this and plug it back in it continues the cycle all the way to the end ? doesn't stop after that ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well forgot some info, this what I usually end up doing... Start the washer on a cycle, washer fills with water then it will stop before it starts to agitate and wash the clothes. What I do next is set the washer to drain portion of the cycle, wait for the water to completly drain. Then I unplug the unit, plug it back in start an new wash cycle and then the washer will finish the whole wash/rinse/spin cycle all the way threw. I have only performed this about four times. Each time I have done the same thing and the washer will finish the whole wash/rinse/spin cycle completly on the second try.

this sounds like it has a drain issue. when these start they are supposed to go into a short drain cycle before adding water and continuing. can you check the drain system in this ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure I think I can, do you mean the drain hose or the possibly the drain insite the washer's drum not sure wich one you mean?

there is a drain pump underneath , check the hoses going to it also. this is the pump. Drain Pump 34001098 Main Product View heres a link to all the diagrams. on this model it looks like you go in through the back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm checking will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All drains look good no blockage found any where in any of the hoses.

May I add the only reason I would move the washer to the drain portion of the cycle was to try and start fresh on a new cycle completely. I hope this helps

Okay, the only thing I can think of is the control board is failing. the door is locking correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I always firms close the door.....

okay this means its a control issue. Main Control Board 12002651        Main Product Viewthis will need to be replaced. heres a link to the part. I wish I had better news, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your time, unfortunatly it is what it is....

thank you again.....

your welcome. from what your saying theres nothing else that runs the cycle. best wishes and thanks, Bryan