Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our Maytag Epic front loader is about two years old and the

Our Maytag Epic front loader is about two years old and the softener no longer dipenses into the washer. Do I remove the front control panel or the top to repair the problem? Does the top just pop off?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.Good morning, on this machine the easiest way to get to the dispenser assembly is by removing the top number 2 on this diagram. remove the screws in the back holding the top then lift it slightly in the back and slide it out from under the front control panel. this will give you access to the dispenser. check the hoses going from the dispenser to the tub. (clear if necessary) also run a cycle with the top off and see if the dispenser motor is working and opening the dispenser, the motor is # XXXXX on this diagram. clean the dispenser good also. heres a link to all the diagrams if that helps. thanks , Bryan