Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Dacor Oven ECS127 will not heat. Have tried the high temp

My Dacor Oven ECS127 will not heat. Have tried the high temp reset and it does not seem to be tripped. Red button is not out and will not click when I push it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

when you put the in bake do you hear the relay click ? Does the broil work ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do not hear a relay although the fan comes on. Neither broil, bake or convection work. I fiddled with the red button and it worked. put the grill cover back on and it now does not work. Took cover off, fiddled some more and it still does not work.

Could the High temp switch be defective? Can i replace it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , so you did fiddle with the button once and it worked ? alright can you shut the breaker off to the oven and take the wires off the thermal cutout and tape them together to bypass it ? try and see if it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can't get to it. Small slot and even with my needle nose pliers I can't get the closest wire off the cut out.

How can anyone get into that small slot. Can I take something else apart?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
sorry I had someone come to the door. its on the roof of the oven correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's in a small slot over the oven, below the control panel. Can I send you a photo?

I do hear clicking when I try to turn the oven on. And the fan starts.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I have the diagrams.can you get the oven out of the cabinet ? you can remove the cover on the top to get to it. if you hear clicking this means the relay board is working. you need to replace the thermo cutoff.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't get the image you included to open? Not sure how to take the oven out. Will have to look at it more carefully.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.