Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, may have a problem either with the rubber door seal, or

Hi, may have a problem either with the rubber door seal, or more likely, with the latch. When I close the door, it latches shut, but not fully so that I can hear the water loudly. When I lean a bit on the door, it closes more and becomes silent. As soon as I release the pressure, it opens a bit and is loud again. It has been going through its cycle normally like this for a couple of weeks, , but now releasing the pressure on the door stops the cycle.

Thanks, David.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a model number so we can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is: SHY66C05UC/23

okay perfect. what you need to replace is the door latch assembly. Door or Lid Latch Assembly 438026          Main Product View these waer and don't hold the door tightly shut. and now since you have been pushing in on it and when you let it go the machine stops it means the micro switch is connecting anymore, you can order this at the link below

latch its around $30.00.hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks -that's great. Is it a straightforward matter to remove the door panel and replace the latch assembly or do I have to have someone do that?

well its not that difficult if your mechanically inclined, here a link to the diagrams to help.
diagrams thanks and best wishes , Bryan