Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

freezer drawer stuck closed

freezer drawer stuck closed
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Will the drawer open any at all or is it frozen completely shut?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

right side opens about 2 inches left side stuck

David on the left edge of the door about halfway up pull on that left side and see if you can get it to move. Not the handle but the edge of the drawer where the rubber gasket is.

Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

nothing no movment

Was there a door or was a drawer left open a little recently?

Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

had it open last week to check defrost heater

David I am not sure. I checked at GE to see if there was a service bulletin such as ice forming on the rails, I have seen that one but there are none for your model. I am going to relist your question for all techs, perhaps someone has seen something I have not.

Thanks,
Barry

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

This is a tough situation David. when these are frozen shut and I suspect when you had the defrost problem that moisture built up on the rails and when you shut it and left it closed they froze. there are only a few things you can try at this point.one of course is to unplug the refrigerator overnight to defrost the rails. but if this is full of food thats risky. although the rails will most likely defrost a lot faster then the food there a risk of the food defrosting also. the other thing you can do is take a hair dryer and point it down into the freezer at the rails and defrost them that way.either way theres nothing you can do short of defrosting them. if you force it will damage the rails or door. I wish I had another way for you to get this open. when you do get it open make sure the rails and rollers are dry before shutting this again. take the hair dryer and dry them completely. I hope this helps. Barry is right I cant find any recalls on your model either, thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i was abel with a lot of working back and forth to get it open. and yes it was frozen on the rail, the ice maker shut off was stuck open. thank you for your help.

okay was there water overflowing from the ice maker ? did you have to shut off the water to get it to stop ?