Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Jenn Air wall oven and it wont maintain the right

I have a Jenn Air wall oven and it won't maintain the right temperature
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today. can you get us the model number so we can better assist you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

JJW 9530 DDS

is this the temp probe you replaced ? Oven Sensor 74008369        Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is

okay. how far off is the temp. ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

50 degrees high, I did the set up and adjust temp. thing and dropped it 35 degrees and the it wouldn't even get to 300 when set at 350, I tried to reduce it by 5 degrees at a time and it just gives a different amount of change, if I set the temp. at 500 it goes all the way to 600

okay if the probe (sensor) has been replaced the only other part that controls temp is the control itself. the sensor goes directly to the control. it will need to be replaced unfortunately, Sears has this in stock but its expensive. heres the link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Jenn-air-Parts /Wall-oven-Parts/74008468/0022/464/Model-JJW9530DDS/1266/0125300?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0603035&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0125300&searchModelNumber=JJW9530DDS&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20and%20internal%20controls&brandDesc=JENN-AIR&modelDesc=JENN-AIR-COOKING&blt=11&shdMod= its part number 74009716, ypou may want to see if you can find a better price though.hope this helps.thanks , Bryan