Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have Maytag Washing Machine 4 years ago Since i bought i

I have Maytag Washing Machine 4 years ago Since i bought i have one problem. Drum hitting the four side of inside the Machine. Making loud noise and move machine. The first Techinican came and told level problem and he level it.Problem still there. Second Technician came and told that the Machine on wooden floor,remove the wood floor and
put on cocrete which i did. Still makes loud noise, hitting the drum on insid wall amd move
the Machine. What is the real problem? Please answer.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us a model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have Model #. I will get back tomorrow. at present i am at work

okay thats fine, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Maytag Performer.

Model #: PAVT144AWW Rev 10

Serial # :10551993EE

Oversize Capacity plus Quiet Services.

okay perfect. this machine has whats called a snubber ring. Snubber Ring 21002026 Main Product View this sits at the bottom of the tub and is designed to keep the drum from banging around (its a stabilizer) its number 29 on this diagram. these wear and the tub starts to wobble and bang.I would replace that before anything else. you can order this @ for $5.80.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please let me know how to dismantle and install snubber.

the easiest way to do it is, tip the machine back and roll the belt off. then remove the cap in the center of the pulley and then the clip to take the pulley assembly off. remove the front of the machine. there are two clips about 3-4 inches in from each side between the top and the front panel. push them in with a putty knife and lift the top. let it lean back against the wall. the remove the two screws on the top holding the front panel , release the springs holding the whole tub assembly. you will need help but then lift the whole tub assembly up and slide the old ring out then slide the new one in. put it back together. its a pain but this is what needs to be done. heres a link to all the diagrams. hope that helps. thanks, Bryan