Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A SC302ZP THE TOP OVEN WILL NOT GET HOT THE OVEN LIGHT

I HAVE A SC302ZP THE TOP OVEN WILL NOT GET HOT THE OVEN LIGHT GO ON THE FAN RUNS I REPLACE THE HI TEMP SWITHCH STILL NO RESULTS I BELEVE ITS EITHER RELAY BOARS BUT WHICH ONE 492069 OR 369126 HELP
So first, thank you for using Pearl.com. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your problem today.
The relay board for the top oven is part number 492069. The 369126 is actually for the lower oven. That being said, there is still one more thing you must check before replacing the relay control board. If the top oven won't bake or broil, it's not likely you have 2 bad elements and you've already tried replacing the high temp switch. There is however a "sail switch" which checks to make sure the cooling fan is running. To access the sail switch, you need to remove the bottom door and then remove the screws going into the bottom vent panel below the bottom oven. There are 2 sail switches, one on the right side and one on the left. One switch is for the bottom oven and one switch is for the top oven. You'd need to replace the switch if it's not activating when the cooling fan comes on. Below is a link to the switch you're looking for.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Micro-Switch/413121/1048224?modelNumber=SC302ZP
Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Before you order a board have you checked the thermal cutoff to make sure it hasnt tripeed ?
He stated that he already did this in his original statement:
Quote:
actually he said high temp switch but I guess he meant thermal cutout. I hope
There is no thermal cut out, the high temp switch is the only "thermal cut out" on this model.
well there is a thermal cutout, its this one. High temperature cut-out Manufacturer Number 414633, just want to make sure he did check that .
Please refrain from confusing the customer. That is the high limit thermostat. The customer has already stated that it has been replaced.
I apologize about the confusion, everyone is just trying to make sure you're getting the correct answer. But if you need anything else at all, please just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the fan is running the part is dis continued do you have any resources to get the part
So, I understand the fan is running, but the switch itself sometimes isn't working to tell the board that the fan is running. So you'll want to check that switch.
That being said, the board was discontinued and the only way to buy it now is in a kit with the display board. You can order the kit in the link below if you'd like.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/702451/1795924?modelNumber=SC302ZP
The part number you need is 702451.
Sears has that board in stock at the following link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/369126/0022/994?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=369126
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.