Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

Hi, my Westinghouse upside down fridge periodically leaks water.

Hi, my Westinghouse upside down fridge periodically leaks water. I've checked underneath and the short drain tube doesn't line up over the water collector/compressor cover. I am unable to adjust the alignment of the water collector. What should I do please.

The short drain tube could be abroken part or not the original tube in the first place. Because why would the company do it like that.

I have seen some drain tubes where in it has a "P" trap as it comes down and this "P" trap actually would adjust the water dripping exactly where the water collector is .

It means you could be missing the adopter "P" trap so that the water would drip on the water collector and your solution is the best one.

All I could add to it is make the smaller tube longer and loop it to make the trap then secure the end down to the water collector. You can use any wire and loop it to the smaller pipe then loop the other end where you can secure it with the screw that holds the plastic water collector.

To secure the connection between the pipes, use any glue or epoxy to secure it.

I hope that would work permanently.

-
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response Francis, but it doesn't help me at all. I'm already using a second tube which I have run down into the water container. I was hoping that someone could give me a better solution than this.

What is the model# XXXXX this unit please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jason it's BJ434 V-L. Thanks.