Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

RA-amm

We have a Electric Wall Oven that was in the house when we bought the house
We put the clean on and started to clean for 3hrs last night and this morn the lock is still on and the fan and can not open the door and it still says locked
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you try shutting the breaker of "power" to the oven for 15 minutes then turn it back on to see if it unlocks ? also do you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we tried that shut the power off and on still did not work

no model number did not know we had to have it to clean

it must be in the door

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay this can be a real pain.your door latch/lock has failed. try putting this back into self clean (if possible) and then hit cancel. see if that unlocks the door. if not the door will have to be forced open by getting a coat hanger and making a hook. slide it in between the door in the top middle and pull the latch hook over enough to get the door open. this can be difficult. unfortunately. let me know if putting it back into self clean and canceling it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the door opens to the side

and I tried to reset the clean again and cancel and it still did not

open

Jean

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay so you cant get this unlocked at all correct ? rather than damage this more at this point its best to call a tech, I know thats not what you wanted to hear but since it wont open I hate to see you damage anything else trying. sorry. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hope you did not charge me ?

because I fixed it myself I will tell you how I did it

for $30

I did not use any of your problem help

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
no I did not charge you, if you want a refund I will put one in for you,thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for not charging me it's my daughter place and I was here cleaning

her oven .and house I kind of panic when the door did not open it was very anoying to hear the fan run it was loud.

I was ready to phone the company when I saw your site

we tried every thing then I just left the door ajar for a while then shut it and then it unlocked

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your welcome , have a nice day. thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.