Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 417 stack washer/dryer. The problem is with the washer.During

I have a 417 stack washer/dryer. The problem is with the washer.During the spin cycle the water comes on and at the end of the cycle the tub has is at least 1/4 tub of water. How can I remedy this problem?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? If it's a stick unit, the full model will be listed on a sticker just inside the washer or dryer door way.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model number: 417-90812990

OK perfect, thank you. So to be clear, the washer does drain all the water out of the tub at one time, and then when the cycle is over it re-fills partially?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well... ok, here's what happens, the wash cycle will complete and completely drain. Then the rinse cycle begins and when the final spin cycle begins water will start pouring back into the tub. When that cycle ends the tub will be 1/4 full of water and I have to hand squeeze all the clothing to go into the dryer. The water remains in the tub. I start the spin cycle and the water will go out then I push the button in to stop everything before the water starts pouring in again.

OK so very "little" water might enter to spread the softner around on the clothes if you use softner. But the water should only be coming in when it's high speed spinning, and only a very little amount. It sounds like your timer control is just not telling the water to come in properly. The washer timer will need to be ordered and replaced to fix this issue and below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model number. It's the part inside the control panel just behind the main washer cycle knob on the right. The part is about $130.

CLICK HERE for part

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.