Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

There is water remaining in the bottom of the dishwasher after

There is water remaining in the bottom of the dishwasher after the washing cycle is complete. What could be causing this?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today. Can you get us the full model number off the tag on the side wall inside the dishwasher ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay perfect.Do you hear the drain pump come on when this gets to drain ? does it drain at all or is this still full of water?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't listened for the drain pump. The washing cycle takes a while. The water is not overflowing the basin; but it's pretty full

okay the drain pump is electronic in this . its either clogged or bad.Drain Pump(NNN) NNN-NNNNAlternate Product View you need to take the bottom access panel off under the door and remove the pump. check for clogs . if none are found use a volt meter to test power to it. if its getting 120 volts when this is in drain but the pump is not running you will need to order and replace the pump. heres a link to order it if needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I access the pump with the dishwasher in place? I have removed the access panel but do not see the pump

I was trying to find the diagrams for this, some of these pumps are in the rear and you would have to remove the machine to get to it. it seems thats the case in yours. there are two screws holding the dishwasher in that are connected to the counter top. open the door and you will see them. if your water line. drain,and electric are long enough to pull the machine out then you may not have to unhook everything.Also do you have a garbage disposal ? if so has it been replaced lately ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No garbage disposal; Pump in back, right?

yes its part number 15 on this diagram.back right side when looking from the front.