Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

is motor supposed to riverse

is motor supposed to riverse

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

yes the motor turns one direction for agitate and then reverses for spin. what happens when the fills with water ? Does it just sit the and the timer moves until it goes to spin ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all the washer will do is spin and pump out water ;;

okay so it just fills and never agitates ? this could be one of two possibilities, 1 the timer contact for agitate is bad or 2 the motor is bad. the motor is expensive at almost $200.00, the timer is around $105.00, if this is an old machine you may want to just replace the machine. as these get old they start having multiple issue's.

sometimes you will fix one issue and the next thing you know something else goes wrong. I would consider a new machine . hope this helps, thanks , Bryan