Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

E2 Error Code On The Samsung Dishwasher.

Samsung dishwasher displaying an E2 error code.

What does this mean?

I am an authorized Samsung service tech and I can help you today.

The E2 error code on your dishwasher is a water supply error.

So the water is most likely not coming into the machine, is that correct? If so, then first check that the water supply is on and that the supply is not weak or pressure to the water valve of the dishwasher is not below 25 PSI.

If the supply is off or weak that would need to be fixed first. If the supply is not off and pressure is good then next make sure the water supply hose is not kinked or clogged in any manner. If the hose is not kinked or blocked in any way and yet no water is entering the machine, you will need to make sure that there is full voltage to the water valve in time of a fill cycle. There should be 110 volts when the machine should be filling up to the water valve. If you don't have 110 volts then the computer is bad and needs to be replaced.

If there is 110 volts but still no water then you need to replace the water valve.

JACUSTOMER-jsp4s1ox- :
Have checked that water supply is good and hose seems fine.

Jon : Ok. If the hose seems fine and definitely make sure you can see all the hose and the supply is on. Next you will need to check voltage to the water valve at the time of fill using a volt meter. Do you have one to check with?

If you dont have a volt meter, don't know how or don't want to check the voltage to the water valve then i would call in a service technician to do it for you.

How old is the machine? If the machine is under a year it would be covered under the original manufacturer warranty and in that case i would call them and set up a service call. They will come out to you for free, conduct a free check and fix it for free too. This is the easiest and cheapest way to get this machine fixed.

If the machine is not under warranty then I would either check the voltage to the water valve or have some one do it for you. After checking the voltage you will know if you have to change the water valve or the main board.

If you have any other questions please get back to me here and I will help you more.

JACUSTOMER-jsp4s1ox- : The voltage seems correct.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

If voltage is good to the water valve then you have a bad water valve. Especially if the water supply hose to the valve is not kinked, crimped or blocked in any way that would obstruct the flow of water to the valve and into the machine.

I would replace the water valve.

Please get back to me here if you need any other help.

Thanks and have a good night.