Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

Bosch dishwasher. Shx68e15U. Year and half old. Error code

Bosch dishwasher. Shx68e15U. Year and half old. Error code E24 sometimes E25. The drain hose is not blocked. I pulled out the pump and internal drain hose. All clear. I disconnected the internal drain hose to bypass the big water fill clear gizmo on the side. Same. What senses a drain blockage? Actually my question is if no blockages, what can cause the code?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Expert 64 replied 1 year ago.
Hello. There is usually a clear housing on the side of the dishwasher that had a float and float switch located inside of it. Sometimes the float will get blocked with food particles. This float may need cleaning. Did you see this on your unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The thing you are talking about is usually the size of a small book? Mine doesn't have one. Mine has a clear plastic thing
on the side that is about 20" x15 inches and about an inch thick. http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/50035230-00004.png
The only wires connected to it connect to what I think is the inlet water temp
sensor. I did remove the drain hose from the pump to this gizmo and still threw
code. The drain from the pump hooks up going streight up into this thing. It
pulls a quick U turn internally and then hooks up into the drain hose out. Just
past the U bend there is a passage which runs up about a foot into a small
resevoir that appears to overflow back into the tub. It would make a bunch
sense that if there was a blockage in the external drain hose that it would
backfeed into this reservoir and set off a sensor. Problem is there are no
wires hooked up and again, I did bypass it and same. I have a wireing diagram but
no sequence of operation. One additional note not sure if relevant. When the
drain cycle starts, the pump will cycle on and off about every two seconds then
pump out. It usually throws the code during this pump out. It's like it knows
there is water left but something is telling it that isnt going out.

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 1 year ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. I would still love help.

We will continue to look for another Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Michelle
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
The error codes as you already know, is a drain error.
The service manual states possible causes: Drain pump cover missing from pump sump,
(hose kinked, blocked, delivery height,) and then the pump itself on the impeller could be stripped. Have you removed the drain pump from the bottom and checked the impeller?
Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I removed everything. The impeller is perfect and no blockages anywhere. I know it sounds crazy. What senses a blockage? Please look at the link I included above as the machine is a bit different than most. I do not see any sensors of any sort downstream of the pump. I bypassed all hoses and fired it up with hose directly out of the pump to a pot. No head pressure. Same. It is a puzzle.
Have you changed the turbidity sensor on top of the drain? It would be item # XXXXX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I only disassembled, tested and re assembled. I understand the turbidity sensor is for measuring the dirt in the water. Does it have a pressure function? FYI doesn't matter if dirty or clear water. Still throws code. As mentioned above, not sure if it is normal but if I hold down start button to set to drain, the pump cycles on for a second shuts off for about two then turns back on. Does this three or so times before pumping out or throwing the code. I cant find any literature about sequence of operation. It must have something that measures the discharge somewhere in the pump. Must be the control is goofed up, whatever sensor or maybe the pump is a bit slow. I am perplexed. It ain't my moms kitchenaid for sure. Too much electronic crap for its own good. I am very hesitant to call for service as I really don't feel like paying for an experiment. I have a new monogram range with a grill on it. I own a hvac and plumbing co. I was very disappointed when I had to walk the tech through diagnosing the problem.
it would be very difficult if you have done all the steps correctly to determine the fault unless a tech was there with factory service on the line to walk through terminal check points. When i called the Bosch techline, they wanted me with the product. I have access to there tech site, but it is not much help on this model and your issue. I would recommend calling a Bosch authorized tech to your home and have him call the technical assistance number to determine the correct cause. Yes the turbidity sensor measures the water dirty, but in some cases i have seen that part give false codes. However, the motor control board could be acting up to. That is why i recommend calling an authorized tech to come to the home and check.
1-800-944-2904

Mon. – Fri.: 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. PST
Saturday: 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. PST

I can opt out if you like , to see if another tech can help? But at this point, not sure what they could help you with that is going to be certain and not a guess.

Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized