Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave/Oven above the

I have a GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave/Oven above the range unit. It makes a sound as if a fan is on with a light ticking noise even when the unit is off. It stops when it is unplugged. Not sure what it is? Also, I do not know how to remove the front upper cover to look inside.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Can you look inside and get me the model number off the tag on the side wall? thanks .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX

okay whats going on is the cooling fan is running. Fan Motor WB26X10101 Alternate Product Viewyou say you hear a clicking also ? thats the relay for the fan on the main control board. in order to get to the board Relay Board WB27X10470 Alternate Product View the entire microwave has to come down. this is part number 1653 on this diagram. you would need to replace it to fix the issue. remove the microwave form under the cabinet and place it on a table, then remove the case . the board will be near the top of the microwave. heres a link to order it if you wish. click this blue link. wave-Parts/WB27X10470/0022/364/Model-SCA1000DWW03/0432/0123370?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=G3090125&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=0123370&searchModelNumber=SCA1000DWW03&subCompDesc=Interior%20parts%20(1)&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=MICROWAVE&blt=11&shdMod=SCA1000DWW03
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That microwave oven unit is very heavy and took 2 men to install it. So I will have to call a local service company.

Thanks for your help. Alan.

okay Allen, sorry I wish it was easier.unfortunately I don't design them , have a great weekend and thanks, Bryan