Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, i just bought a home with a new whirlpool oven. It

Hello, i just bought a home with a new whirlpool oven. It has gotten visitors. Mice have made way into the area below the cooking surface and have polluted the insulation. Cooking is not breath taking, if you know what i mean. Soo badd. What would be the best solution to this problem?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Have you used the oven yet ? this is going to really smell bad, the Mice pee all over the insulation and when you use the oven it bakes onto the oven metal cavity. this you cannot get out unfortunately. and its bad for you health the fumes from it. even if you replace the insulation the metal you cant and that smell will always be there. I know thats not what you wanted to hear and I'm sorry. Most of the techs wont answer this question for fear of a bad rating for saying theres nothing you can do but I'll take that chance that your not going to rate me bad for that. A word of advice too. before replacing the oven make sure you get the mice taken care of. an oven is their favorite place to nest . well wishes , thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wanted you to tell me how to get into the oven to clean it out, what needs to be unscrewed. I used it only once and will hope that it is not burnt on. How do i get the insulation, does lowes for instance have it? I will try to fix it, wont replace it. it is a second home. Was looking for an answer of how to get into the oven space.

if you send me the model number I'll see what I can get for diagrams for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont have that info. I wont be able to get it for a few days. what about getting the insulation? from where?

you can order that at this link with the model number if its available. without a model number I cant be sure yet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do we keep this question open for a while?

just leave it open, I wont close it, I'm trying my best to help you.when you get the info just come back and reply . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. thanks

no problem. talk again soon. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No more questions thank you

okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX great day !