Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Duet Mod. # XXXXX that wont start. the power

Customer Question

I have a Duet Mod. # XXXXX that won't start. the power is on. when you press the start button the yellow sensor light goes on. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good afternoon. On this dryer they have a thermal fuse. Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View these fail and the dryer wont start. its a safety. do you have a volt meter ? (multimeter)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. do you have some basic tools.? we can check this a different way but it requires taking the front access panel off and bypassing the thermal fuse. Do you think you can do that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can, but I need to run out. Can I contact you in about an hour?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
sure , just come back when your ready. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm Back. What type of basic tools will i need? Regular screwdriver, Phillips, pliers?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, usually the screws you need to remove are either 1/4 head screws , or a torx screw "starshaped" if you tip the machine back and look under the front panel there are 2 screws you need to remove to get number 40 off. (panel) unplug the dryer before opening it. let me know when you have the panel off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's off.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay great ! now right straight in between the drum and the blower assembly is where the thermostat is. its tight but you will see it. its part number 38 on this diagram. what you need to do is pull the two wires off and tape them together just to test and see if it starts. also reach in and check to make sure the belt isn't broken. this also has a switch that shuts the machine down if the belt breaks. let me know if it starts. make sure you tape it good so it doesn't short out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Be right back. thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nevermind. It is the second one. Give me a second.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay take your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That worked. took a bit of time, because I had to find something to act as a jumper. seems I have a bad sensor. any clue where I can get a replacement?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes I do. click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/3392519/2986?modelNumber=WED9150WW1 great job ! I'm happy that was the issue. Please do me a favor however, don't use the dryer before replacing that thermo fuse. its a safety and if something went wrong it wont shut off. that doesn't mean you had a major issue with your machine sometimes these just go. clean your vent real good also, that can cause these to blow if its clogged. thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so i get credit for helping you. have a great night, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Great Job! and no blood on this end. quite proud.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
thats always good ! LOL have a good night, thanks , Bryan