Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a LG Tromm Dryer that I just hooked up to my gas line.

I have a LG Tromm Dryer that I just hooked up to my gas line. The dryer is used and when I turn it on cold air is blowing out the back and after a couple minutes I came back in the room and spelled gas. I turned it off and the gas went away. What can I do to fix the dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, First do you know id the igniter comes on when you start the dryer ?on this dryer its hard to see. you would need to remove the top of the dryer and turn the lights off then start the dryer, you should see a glow down in the bottom. can you do that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There was a orange glow for about 2 seconds then it dimmed off for about 40-60 seconds then lit up again for 2 seconds. Keeps repeating this. No heat coming out the vent and my clothes are still wet. Display is blinking drying when I turn the dryer on on there is a cooling light that is constanly on

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay so the igniter only glows for 2 seconds ? that does tell me the igniter works,the flame sensor is good, the high limit thermostat is good, all these things are goo or the igniter wouldn't glow at all, so we can eliminate them. my thought is the thermistor has failed. Thermistor 6323EL2001B Main Product View "its the temp sensor" I would replace that first, its $10.10 at the following link. theres also a video there to show you how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/6323EL2001B/1268206?modelNumber=DLG7188RM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Replaced thermisoter. Air still comes out cold and is not heating

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
MMM, okay, the flame still only comes on for a second or two ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay well thats not good then. most likely your electronic gas valve is bad. Gas Valve Assembly 5221EL2002A     Main Product View have you tried running this with the vent disconnected from the dryer ?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the vent hasn't been attached yet. I start the dryer and put my hand on the back and cold air just blows out. Could there be something on the control panel that only air dries and doesn't kick the gas on for heat

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well if you mean a relay or something like that the control board is what send the signal whether to air dry or heat dry but you said the flame does come on for a short bit so the control is working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So what needs replaced? Part number? and how do I replace it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
sorry I was off line. my feeling is the valve,this however should be done by a tech.when it comes to installing a gas part it should be done by a Professional,I wish I could tell you more, as far as testing.