Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Fridge no cool

Customer Question

Fridge no cool
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The control may be in defrost for up to 30 minutes after unplugging and plugging back in. Let it sit for at least 30 more minutes and see if it comes back on. If it does not, please do not rate but simply reply back to me and we can continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So I leave it for 30 minutes still plugged in?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, just leave it plugged in and see if it kicks on in about 30 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok so its been 30 minutes and still nada. I noticed the display is not showing any temp readings and is flashing 000 on both fzr and ff sides when I hit the temp adjust button.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
So that has changed from showing negative temp readings to all 0's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, unplug it for about 10 minutes and plug it back in. Does the display come back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is the display now totally out or still 0's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I open the door and its out. I touch temp settings and it flashes 000 and then goes out.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Was the relay burnt pretty bad, like shorted to ground violently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Been waiting close to 60 minutes for reply.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good afternoon. you need to replace the mother board in this. when the compressor relay fries like you said it makes the control board fail. "a lot of times you will see it burnt if you pull the board out and check the backside. the board is located in the back just above the compressor behind an 8X10 inch cover. can you check that ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is very helpful. Will you be getting credit for the thread or do I leave 2 separate ratings?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
if you rate me 3 or above i get credit for helping, you will only be charged for my accept. I hope I've helped, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need some additional help on this unit. Water dispenser is non responsive. I can change selections on display board, but no water and no ice coming out. This problem was existent before the compressor and board went out. Can you explain to me how I need to take apart the dispenser control to get to the actual dispenser switches. Also are there any other places I should check for faults?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I found it interesting that you never responded to my last question and now rated me poorly. I am sorry that I made you feel that you needed to rate me poorly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
did you replace the main control board yet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im doing that in a couple hours. Was looking to knock out two birds with one stone while i'm at the house as there is bad cell reception.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well even though this happened before the rest of you issue it may still be the main control board thats causing that issue also. the main control runs everything. however if you want to take a look at the board on that also this just snaps off. Dispenser-Module WR55X10279 Main Product View along the bottom of the control you can stick a small screwdriver in and pry the control out. it will come right off giving you access the inner parts. put the board in first and see if that works. A lot of times the control causes the dispenser not to function also.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again for the continued service. I will leave another positive rating.

Is there a way to revise the rating for the previous expert? It seems as though my posts I sent to him werent posted causing the communication error.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
You can speak to a moderator and they can fix the rating. i will notify them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For Kelly,

Please reply to this thread so I can revise the rating. Sorry for the confusion on my part. I'm on the phone with customer service now trying to revise. Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand, thank you.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for confusion. I was in the field and I guess shoddy cell phone service. I posted this morning without rereading the thread and did not notice until you emailed me. Not your fault. Hope it doesn't hurt your record.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It won't now, thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to reply, that means a lot! I am glad Bryan was able to get you all taken care of. Thanks again.