Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

The dryer wont get hot enough on first time to get clothes

Customer Question

The dryer won't get hot enough on first time to get clothes dry it takes two to three times the lint trap and hose to outside is clear
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
ok so you are saying the exhaust air coming out of the dryer is not hot ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No saying dryer inside drum not getting hot to dry clothes on first try haven't felt air coming out side to see if hot

ok now you have me confused , so on the second try it then dries ok ?

or it just does not heat at all!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It takes two to three times to dry one load of clothes
can you feel any heat at all or do you think it is just air drying with room temperature air?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Air drying with room temperature air
ok Have you turned the breaker off than back on and tested it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What breaker it's a gas dryer

ok you did not specify that ,an any of your pervious posts .

Do you hear a click from the gas valve when you turn the dryer on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Slight sound when inginites not as loud as when it was new
can I have the units model number to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DV2C6BGWIXAA
Thank you , lets remove the top panel it has 2 screws from the rear then raise the top up and then you will need to remove the front panel ,and then you can run it to see if the igniter comes on to light the flame.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It inginites for 10 seconds then turns off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help with this dryer?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Samsung service tech and I can help you today.

Your problem is very common on these style and model dryers. If the heat is kicking off or the flame is kicking off after ten seconds then I would first advise removing the dryer venting from the back of the dryer that goes outside. Then run the machine again.

If the heat and flame stays on longer, lets say about 2-5 minutes then kicks back off then you need to change the heat or flame radiant sensor and cycling thermostats on both the heater canister and the blower housing.

But if the flame stays on the full time or until the sensor picks up the dryer are hot enough then turns off, then we know the venting or air flow out of the dryer was clogged. and I would look to see if the blower was clogged or the dryer venting itself.

If you would like to run a test run with the venting off the back of the machine that is what I would advise you do first. And if the clothing heats fully and dries fully in one normal cycle then we know for sure the venting was the problem.

And I would advise removing all the venting and either cleaning it out or replacing it all together if it hasn't been cleaned or replaced in a while.

Please do those checks and get back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns and I will help you more. And if you end up needing parts please get back to me here and I will get you the part info so you can order them on line and save money.

Thanks and please let me know how you do with this dryer.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clean out vent going outside and vacuum out the back of dryer I took off front cover there was a lot of lint around the ignitier and components I vacuum that all out too it still does it
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
hello again.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I know that you may have cleaned out the whole machine and may have had a good build up of dust and lint in the machine, but if there was a good clog inside the venting that goes outside, the hot air that normally gets blown out of the venting would come back into the machine and cause the flame to back up the heater canister and cause the radiant sensor to turn the heat off in your machine.

So in order to eliminate the venting can you please do me a favor and just remove the venting of the back of the dryer and run the machine and see if the heat still turns off after only a few seconds.

And if it does still turn off then you need to replace the radiant sensor and coil valves on the gas valve.

Please let me know what you find or if you have more questions and I will help you more.

Thanks
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Here is a lin to the radiant flame sensor. Just copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view the parts info and image.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Flame-Sensor/338906/2681?modelNumber=DV2C6BGW%20XAA

and here is a link to the coil valves that go on the gas valve that you need to replace.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM3210381501P?ci_src=184425893&ci_sku=SPM6527742304&sid=IDx20130125xMPAPLx001

Please either order both parts from www.repairclinic.com (recommended) or from www.sears.com and install them in your dryer again if removing the venting doesn't fix your problem.

Please get back to me here if you have more questions and I will help you more.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Here is the part link to dryer coil valve info from repair clinic.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid/279834/3479

And here is a video that will help you as to how the coil valve are replaced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RjonjNitfVk

Please get back to me here if you cant view the link or video and I will upload them again.

Thanks again.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I know the video of the dryer coil valves is of another model dryer then yours. But I uploaded it for you just to show you how to change them. And in getting to it may actually be different. But once you get to the valve it is basically the same steps. In fact most dryer coil valves can be replaced in the same way.

If you have any troubles either ordering the parts or installing them please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.