Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dryer model LDE9304ACE will only tumble from a cold start.

Dryer model LDE9304ACE will only tumble from a cold start. If warm I must rotate tumbler by hand while pushing start button. Replacing belt and one bad pulley helped for a week or so, but problem has resurfaced. Before I replace the other pulley I'd like an opinion in case I'm looking at the wrong item. Thanks for any insight you can provide. Ron

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

good morning, this means the motor is failing.the start windings are shot . unfortunately the only way to fix that is replace the motor. this is a common issue with these. there are two windings in the motor. one set for starting and one for run. once you rotate the drum to get it started the run windings take over, theres a centrifugal switch that kicks in once its spinning.

the motor is part number W10410999. heres a link to one site that has the motor in stock. hope this answers your question, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. Not what I had hoped for, but will save me time looking for other issues. Ron

your welcome Ron, Sorry , I hate giving bad news but it's best to let you know before you go to far. thanks and have a great day. Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your follow-up. I got the motor from repair clinic per your suggestion and got it installed yesterday. Some of the wiring cross walk gave me concerns, but everything is working great.

Take care.

thats great ! good job ! thanks and have a great day ! Bryan