Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I can not find my paper work. I set the cleaner. Finished.

I can not find my paper work. I set the cleaner. Finished. Door is still locked. Does it open in a period of time or can I do something to open it? I hit stop time

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is this a free standing range ? if so and it has a bottom drawer can you look in there and get me the model number off the tag ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay perfect, this is a gas range ? how long since the cleaning has finished ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had a problem. Stopped it in middle. Strange smell. So now I would like door open I did hit stop/clear. Then stop time. It stopped process but door is locked. Says "lock"

okay hold on I'll look up the service manual ,be right back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank so much. I am already feeling better with your help..I was nervous that I had done something wrong
okay , I have the tech sheets up. interrupting the cycle can lock up the control, the first thing I would like you to do is shut the breaker off at the breaker wait about 15 minutes and turn it back on. see if it resets . what kind of smell did you smell ? was it like burning or was it something else like wires melting ? Plasticly smell ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It actually had flames. But it stopped when I hit stop
okay was there anything spilled in the oven prier to the cleaning. the reason I ask is because these can get up to 700 degrees in self clean and anything on the bottom can catch fire but its contained and would burn off. thats how these work, it burns everything up. try what I said and let me know what happens. also. if you get a fan and blow cool air on the lock mechanism it cools quicker and may unlock itself.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cut the power on and will wait 15 min. Can you give me a number for you so I can call if we get disconnected? Mine is(NNN) NNN-NNNN I bet there was something in there. No odor now. Thank you so much I am comfortable with this service. It is amazing
That you were so quick.
Okay well I cant give out my number unfortunately its against policy and I cannot call you either I'm sorry. I will be here however and watch for your reply. talk then, thanks , Bryan