Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Magic Chef Chateau Range--bottom oven works, but produces lots

Magic Chef Chateau Range--bottom oven works, but produces lots of soot. I think it needs more air for the flame, but don't know how to adjust it.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.Good morning.We really need the model number to look up parts to show you, can you see if you can find that ? the way these are adjusted (air/gas) is the shutter on the gas tube. this is a typical gas shutter for magic chef. graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't have the exact model number available now.

I recognize the part that you showed in your picture, but not sure if I know where the air/gas shutter is located in my stove.

Will get back to you.Thanks for your help.

your welcome. its probably shut to much not letting enough air into the mixture, if you can find it (its located under the floor of the oven) then you can adjust it until the flame is blue . this will take care of the soot issue. if you can get me the model number I'll try and get you some diagrams. thanks , Bryan